Wednesday, June 25, 2008

NEAR CRAZY

Well......I know that Jean told most of you all that I have not had inter-net access since early yesterday morning. Talk about going crazy. I thought I would lose it. I was on the phone with Comcast, net-gear for no fewer than 10 hours, still to no avail. I had the neighbor Mike over last night and he could not fix it. I tried everything. Mike came back tonight with a new router and the thing worked!!!!!!
The only thing we can figure is that when there was a comcast outage yesterday, that somehow that blew out my router, even though it said that router was working. It obviously was not. I sat here for 2 long days trying to get in touch with the world...makes one really appreciate how dependent we are on these things....good grief....
I had someone scheduled to come to the house tomorrow morning to try and get me back on line, so I cancelled that appointment, thank Goodness. It was fun to read my email and look at the new blogs.
I was sorry to hear about the possible problem with Jason's continuing Education credits and how that might be a problem and that he might have to take 9 credit hours....what a DRAG, I sure hope this is something that can be taken care of soon as far as determining what can be done. J/J already have enough on thier minds.
I see that Jean has not updated her blog since I was off-line....I guess I did not miss too much after all. I was glad to see that Brenda updated hers. Thanks Bren.
When Mike was over her last night trying to work on the computer, he closed the front door, but it did not "click"....I was in the other room, all of a sudden he yells..."Carol, the front door is open, the dogs ran out"...I nearly lost my mind on top of what already was an extremely frustrating day. Power ran down the street and stoped about 5 houses down and sat on the front yard. He was easily taken into custody...Sheba, on the other hand was off and gone....no where in sight. Mike quick hopped on a bike and rode in the direction he saw here run to. She was headed to the highway but got caught in the swamp, and decided to turn back....when I was out front waiting for her return, all of a sudden I see her strolling down our street headed home. She ran in the house, a muddy mess...so much for the hound wash and bath she had gotten 2 days ago. I gave her a hug, got all muddy, then yelled at her for running, although, that is what greyhounds do, and I should have made sure the door was completely shut. It was time for another bath and a kiss for the little gal. She looked guilty and sad that I yelled at her and has sat by my feet for the most part since then.
The last 48 hours have been a bit trying to say the least.

1 comment:

Brenda Lee said...

I am glad to hear you are back up and running! You must have been a wreck when Sheba ran off. Glad she made it back home safe and sound (and a little muddy) :)