Sunday, June 22, 2008

HOUND WASH

Well I went to the GPA hound wash today. I got Cumber and sent Power off with a different foster family. Cumber is definately different and I think will work out just fine. He is way overweight...100 pounds, he needs to lose at least 20 pounds....but he is definately sweet and trying to adjust to the house. His previous owner is moving to Peru, hence the return of him to GPA.
Sheba had a bath and nail clipping and a HUGE yard to run around in, off leash with 30-40 other greyhounds. She ran fast and was definately in her element. She has been laying on her bed since we got home. She got a good workout. I think the event was a success. My friend Deanna is coming over tomorrow to bring some treats for Sheba and some new toys since Power shredded all of her toys...including the one of President Bush that I bought for her in Lincoln Park when in Chicago. She also shredded her favorite red elephant....darn it all, it is really my fault. I should have gotten smart after the first one.
I had a nice long conversation with Jean this evening. She is sending out an email tomorrow to all the family about renting the cottage in October for Dad's 90th birthday. The more we talked about it, the more excited we got. We kind of decided on the Farm House from the site she sent folks. This one is brand new, 4 bedrooms, 2-story, open, vaulted ceilings, very modern, great kitchen, deck, fir-pit, pontoon boats, 2 kayaks, water trampoline, 2 acres of land. WOW, what a deal.
I was so glad to get Brenda's email and pictures from the camping adventure over the weekend and it seemed that Macey, in her new blue cast figured out to have fun without weight bearing and/or walking. I was glad she got to play. BTW...Jen, the box I put in the mail for Macey should get to you about Wednesday of this week.
Wondering if your realtor was able to give you any information about the people who looked at your house this evening at 5pm.
Jean says she plans to update her blog tomorrow. They had a very busy weekend.....

1 comment:

The Hambergulars said...

Way to go girl, with keeping up on your blog! Sounds like the new doggie will adjust just fine. Sheba should sleep well after that workout!