Saturday, June 28, 2008

HOT

It is really, really HOT in Portland, 102 today and more of the same tomorrow. I have the air conditioner going full steam in the lower level of the house, but upstairs it is like an oven. Every now and again it gets this hot in Portland and when ever it does, I am NOT a happy camper. I just can't take the heat....I am kind of like my sister Jean in that regard....we can't help it...our bodies HEAT UP.
Onto a much more pleasant subject. I was watching the pbp of the Tiger game and was glad to see that they pulled it out. I thought it would be a fairly non-emotional game until the 9th inning when all of a sudden they were down by one run, but the mighty Tigers came back and pulled out a win.
I have had SO MUCH fun looking at the wedding pictures from the Kelly Sweet website. So many great pictures. Rachel looked so beautiful and I also liked it a lot that some of the wedding pictures wer posted in the Kelly Sweet "gallery." Super pictures of Macey, several of Dave and Rachel together and Waco's white socks. A few cure one's of Whitney before she fell victim to "over-indulgence", however I got a big kick out of her all night long. Lots of nice ones of Jean/Scott/Katie. Also some really nice ones of Rachel/Jim/Brenda/Dad and of course that one really good one of me dancing with Waco!!!! Good grief....did I look that BAD?
Wondering how Jenny did with the garage sale this weekend, how the boys did camping, Brenda and Keith's trip to the east side....I hope that MayMay is still hanging in thier with her blue cast.

2 comments:

The Hambergulars said...

Girl, you must be sweltering! You were right on when you said I can't take that either. As you like to say, "it's a bit much." Hope things cool off there soon! Thanks for your comments about the wedding pictures - I have to agree, I think they turned out great!

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Hope it cools down a bit before I get there! Probably not. August is usually pretty toasty. It was hot in between thunderstorms here this weekend. Not great for the yardwork I had hoped to do!Oh, well, I'll have an extra day off this coming week because of the the 4th. Hope you have a great holiday! See you soon...
Lana