Sunday, November 2, 2008

ONE BIG OUTING

Yesterday I went out for the fisrt time other than going to the doctor or the hospital. I got a few groceries and prescriptions and then went to this huge rummage sale about 1/2 mile from the house at the "Expo Center". It had started on Friday so yesterday everything was 25% off. I ended up getting some fantastic deals on those large size paperback books, a couple of vintage dolls to go on my new quilt, some linens, ( sheets like were brand new for one dollar) and some supplies to do my crafts. Like I need more of craft supplies, but they had lots of bubales and trinkets ans "de-stash" items packed at 50 or 75 cents, so with an additional 25% off, I had a fine time.
Since I have not unpacked the boxes of supplies that Jean sent, I started working on a new "prototype" of vintage figurines using wire, paper mache, crepe paper and trimmings since I had all those items handy and in one place. They need a little work, but I think I can do it and would be darling if I can pull it off. I have to get my ETSY store up and running.
I did take out my holiday, thanksgiving decorations so the house looks nice with them and all the candles burning.
This Tuesday the woman who stole all the money from GPA goes to court for sentencing so I will attend that and have been selected to read all the letters in court that members wrote who cannot attend. She will be getting 19 months in prison and 5 years of post-prison supervision and probation, re-payment of funds to GPA and A/D treatment. We are all glad she is going to prison for all the damage she did to the organization and the dogs that suffered as a result. Sheba is coming along because the news media will be there and they want dogs in the filming. She will probably wear her new nice orange coat with the snooze of colored polka-dots. I made her a cap of the same polka dot material so she will wear that too.Contrary to to all the dogs that hate to be dressed up, Sheba LOVES it and she really prances when she knows how cute she looks, so that will probably be my big outing for next week, along with 2 doctor appointments. I swear I could drive there with my eyes closed.
I was so happy to see Brenda's updated blog for today with all the pictures and updates from the new blue House in Colon, they sure had a lot of help which was nice. Hopefully Jen can take her time this week getting other things organized and I am thrilled she will be back online Tuesday.
Jean, it is time to update your blog.....

No comments: