Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I AM A STAR.....I AM ON TV

Guess what???? I am a soon to be star.At 4 pm PAC time I will be on channel 2, ABC TV. I will do my best to get a "live feed" from the news channel so you can see me too.
I am very excited. That nasty lady who took all of the money from our Greyhound Pets of America chapter had to go to court today to get sentenced for stealing 25K from us. Of course they did not let me go into the courtroom because I am not yet licensed to be Mom's service dog, but guess what.....MaMa spoke to the Judge for me. She talked about all the dogs that will not get to go to a good home like me because we had no money for the dogs to go to the doctor or be fed. I am so lucky that I have a home and a Mom, because lots of dogs get killed if they cannot go to a home.
My Mom spent a lot of time talking to the District Attorney before the sentencing. She explained all about how the loss of funds would affect dogs like me that are too tired to run around a racetrack any longer and how they will not be able to get a home like me. The DA really liked Mom and she fell in love with us dogs, so anyhow, that nasty woman was taken off in hand cuffs and she is going not to jail, but that bigger house called prison for 19 months. Then she has to pay all the money back and be on probation for 5 years and get "treatment". I think that is what they call it....she takes too many drugs and drinks a lot of alcohol, so she has to stop doing that too. But I don't care much about her. I am focusing on how proud I am of my Mom. She talked a lot to the Judge today too and she called me by name in the court hearing. She told the Judge that I 'Bless her life"....Wasn't that nice?
And now for the BIG news. The man asked MaMa if she would talk on the tv and asked if I would be on TV with Mom. I was SO EXCITED. I peed first so that I would stand there real nice. I wore a pretty blue coat and blue necklace. I looked right at the camera with my pretty eyes and smiled. I stood still, I never moved around, I looked like a hero, just like I did in the "winner's circle. I felt like a "champ". You should have heard my MaMa. She just answered questions "right off the cuff", she did not know what they were going to ask her, but wow...she dazzled em.....She said I ran all my races in Mexico and told my story and how many other dogs are not as lucky as me. She did really good and I was so proud of her.
Now here is the BEST part...right at the end of the interview, this is what the TV announcer said, "Step aside McCain, here 's SHEBA!!!!......darn it, I knew I should have worn my OBAMA shirt......

6 comments:

Brenda Lee said...

Congrats to Sheba and her mom! Do you have a copy of this so we can see it?? I hope so...

Carol Sue said...

Thanks Brenda. It will be on TV in about 15 minutes. I will get the reporter's name and email him for the live feed video that I can email to everyone.

Rachel Nykerk said...

Way to go Carol and Sheba. I will be waiting for the star on the walk of fame !

Jenny said...

Good post SHeba! Hope we can see your famous moment real soon!

Unknown said...

So Sheba- can I have your autograph? Congrats to you and your mom!

Dreams and Decor said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway! I am enjoying your photos of Sheba---she is so pretty! My sister also has a greyhound! One of our neighbors raises dogs & they are so cute & we always thought they were greyhounds & just recently found out they were whippets. Hope you have a good week, Patti