Saturday, November 1, 2008

I AM TRYING SO HARD.....


Well....I a, trying as good as I can to take care of my MaMA. It is 2:25am and she cannot sleep again. That one Doctor told her she can't give herself anymore of those shots to help her with the RA until she gets better. She talks about her immune system being already compromised...(is that the right word? She uses a lot of big words), but I think I have it right. Because she has to stop the injection because she has pnuemonia, now her joints hurt and she cannot sleep. Many time she keeps me awake until 4-5 in the morning. I refuse to go to sleep when she is awake, something bad might happen to her. She also takes out those things in her ears so she is deaf. I am her ears and protect her. When she is upstairs, I never leave her side. I have a big puffy bed right next to her. Sometimes I even "hold my pee" if she is sleeping becuase I don't want to bother her....she needs her rest. I have been very good, I never have accidents in the house and that seems to make her happy. My Aunt Val came over 3 times this week to clean out house, so it looks nicer now than in the picture above. Mom was sleeping all 3 mornings so Aunt Val just came in through the garage, I think my Mom gave her the "password" to the garage door opener, how else would she have gotten inside???? Anyway, as soon as I heard the doorknob turn, I ran down to make sure no one bad was in the house and I was happy to see my Aunt Val with all her cleaning supplies. Then I ran back upstairs to be with Mom. I stayed with her until she sat up I bed and I knew she was ok.
It looked to me that she was updating her blog for today and then the phone rang when she was done. She told me she had to go back to the hospital, that place like she took me when Scarlet bit me on the head. I do NOT like that place and she is gone sometimes up to 8 hours. Today she was back in about 4 hours because she told them to give her medication in that tube and to "run it fast" just like I run fast. Whenever she goes to that place she comes back with lots of bandages on her hands and arms. I don't like that either because I know her hands and arms hurt like my head did when Scarlett bit me. I know I keep refering to when I got bit. It hurt, but I am all healed up now and can take care of MaMa. After about 2-3 hours she carefully takes off the bandages and I see her hands are all black and blue. I always kiss her hands and arms to make them feel better and I hope it helps...she says it does. I do not think I have ever been black and blue, maybe once when I had those 7 puppies, but I don't really remember much about that since it was before my MaMa took me into her house. Even though her hands, arms and body hurt, she still feeds me and gives me lots of attention and toys. Tonight I got a cup of peppermint ice-cream....that must be some seasonal thing because it looked like Christmas and it sure tasted good. See....my MaMA is so good to me. She bought me a new winter coat at an auction and told me it was cheap, but it sure looks nice on me. It is orange on one side and all different color polka-dots on the other, I am stylin, that is for sure. She says she will take a picture of me wearing it when she gets a camera from my Uncle Scott. Isn't he nice?
Yesterday when she went to her Doctor and asked about getting me licensed as a "service dog". MaMA's Doctor is going to write to someone to get that approved which would mean I could get on an airplane with her and I would get to play with my cousins Dolly and Ally and Bandit whom I have never met...I am licking at the chops to meet them, but they will have to understand I take care of MaMa before any playing.
Dad talked to me on the phone last night. I always get excited to hear his voice and I wagged my tail a lot. He told me to take care of MaMa and he will be here for the holiday season. Sometimes he takes me to a big park where I can run like wild, although he is careful with me and never lets me run if there are any other dogs in the gated park. One time he gave a man10.00 dollars so they would leave and it could just be me and my Dad. Dad always gives me those real long ear and tummy rubs so I really miss him and I know Mom would feel better if he came right now since they are so happy together. Lots of times in the evening they put on music......they tell me it is ole school music from the 60-s and 70's, whenever that was and then they dance for a long time in the living room. I look at them like they are crazy but they still keep dancing. Dad thinks he is the "Alpha" dog in the house but we all know the "Alpha" is me, I just don't want to hurt thier feelings because they love me so much. Lots of times Dad will take me in the little black car when it is a convertable. He ties me to the "roll bar" just to be safe but I would NEVER jump out of Dad's car with him going 80mph. I do like my hat and scarf on though becuase they keep my little head warm. Lots of times people stop and take pictures of me in the rumble seat looking like the queen I am, but we have to wait until next summer to do that again. When we go the the beach this year for Mom and Dad's 10th anniversary Dad told we we would keep the top on the car. Since thier anniversary is on New Years Eve, they get dressed up there and dance to that ole music and then I see fireworks in the sky. I do NOT like the noise they make, but I do think the fireworks are just for them so I tolerate it. They usually give me a little pill so I am not so freaked out by the noise and then we go down on the beach and make a big bonfire. I know my Dad put out a lot of fires when he was working, but he also pretty good at getting one started.
Well...MaMa says she is going to "try it again", this means going back upstairs. I hope that she sleeps soon becuase I am a little tired myself but I wanted to let you all know I am trying my best to take care of MaMa so you do not have to worry about her. It is a big job but I am honored to do it. I bet Aunt Katie is up and getting ready to fly out to our part of the country, I wish she was coming to Portland instead of San Fran, but I can't fix everything.
Love,
Sheba

No comments: