Saturday, November 1, 2008

I GAVE UP TRYING........

Well....suffice to say I never fell asleep last night. I laid there until 5 am and gave up trying. I came downstairs with Sheba in tow and proceeded to unpack the box I sent myself from Michigan. I still have 7 more in the garage that Jean sent. I guess we overdid it a bit on the craft supplies...anyhow, As I opened my 46# box, it was like Christmas. I had forgotten about all that was in there....
vases from CB2, beeswax candles, thanksgiving decorations, a gold cage, 2 African American dolls to sit on my bed with my new "quilt", candles, Pictures that Scott gave me of Big Red, all framed and ready to hang...candles, a purse, a great Petosky stone, an old pillow cover from Cottage corner to put on my new quilt,Cherry Republic products,Gwen Frostic items, friendship spoons that my friend Anita gave me, a little Christmas ornament, some craft supplies, a silver metal knitted ball from CB2, a new dog toy for Sheba, a ceramic dish, old comic books for crafts, lots of pictures, Dave and Rachel's wedding announcement,some Christmas gifts for others....boy I had a fun time, and forgot I was tired and had not slept. I set up my holiday decorations in my clean house and actually cleaned out the garage a bit more.
I am PROUD to say that the Portland Trailblazers had a GREAT game on National TV last night, wondering if any of you saw it. Even though that lumox Greg Oden is out for another month after playing a total of 5 minutes in the last 2 years on Tuesday night, we won and I think the Blazers looked stellar. Lots of young players, including a 19 yo from France who is going to be GOOD, so look out EAST coast...we might actually do something this year. The "Rose Garden" was rockin last night. Earth, wind and Fire was there to introduce the lineup and they still sound as good as they did 30 years ago. Rumor has it that the Foo Fighters are tied up in San Fran, but EWF laid it out....
Of all mornings my paper was not delivered....this has NEVER happened. You guys know how I am about my paper, can't live without it so I guess I will be heading to the store to buy one, although now I am running a fever again and given my normal temperture is 96.0, when I run a fever it means I am sick so I guess this stuff is NOT over yet, nor does it seem to be improving. Good Lord, have mercy....enough is enough.
I am attempting to get all my new pictures in frames that currently have pictures dating back to when Rachel graduated from college. YIKES. I have all the recent pictures from the wedding and Brenda's from Shutterfish, some I got enlargements of. A 8/10 of Jean and I, and 5/7's...one of Bill, one of Jim and one of Rachel and I...of course a few enlargements of Macey and Kels....I sure wish I had a copy of Kelsey in her "pretty in pink" oufit Jen posted on her blog the other day. That was one of the most awesome shots I have ever seen, that girl needs to be on a magazine cover and of course Macey isn't too shabby either....
Well, I am off to get a paper. Since I have been so bad about blogging lately, I thought I would try and "catch up". LOVE YOU ALL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carol - Sorry about no sleep, but way to go on posting the blogs - I liked the one that Sheba "posted", too! Glad you enjoyed opening your box - when you get around to opening the others, you'll see plenty of other things you probably have forgotten about, too!