Saturday, November 22, 2008

ETSY and other misc items.....


This is actually a pillow cover that I bought at Cottage corner when I was home last. It was 8 dollars and goes so well with the big quilt I got from the cottage where Jen and Jason lived. I had it up north, remember all the animals and children on that quilt? I know that the snake was Macey's favorite. Anyhow, I got ahold of Jean Hoffman and she is sending me 2 more pillow covers, one like this and another one in different colors. She keeps avoiding the issue of me paying for them, so I guess I will just send her a check.
ETSY...well I have sold 10 items my first week, so I was pretty happy with that. Once you get used to listing an item it goes pretty fast. It is so funny to see what people buy, things that I would never imagine, so it is pretty fun to get up each morning and check my email to see if anything sold. When you go to my site you can click on sold items and it will show you what has sold. Also make sure you click on, "Make this seller a favorite".....
I just found out from the GPA medical coordinator that Arrow's UA analysis shows that he has an urinary track infection....so now I have started giving him 2 meds in hopes to clear that up. He is just so tiny, he makes Sheba look like an Amazon. Arrow just took his first 2 pills in some cheese so hopefully I won't have a problem getting his pills down like I do Sheba, although I just am thinking....I wonder if he should have dairy products with a UTI.....Rachel, please chime in.

It has been cool and rain here, Doug and VAl have been in Mexico for 2 weeks, they will be shocked to get back to this weather on Tuesday, we will probably have Thanksgiving together.
I have not had much sleep this week due to Arrow getting me up any where between 4-6 times during the night to pee, bless his heart he gets me up and does not pee in the house but if this medication does not clear up the problem he will have to go to a home that has a dog door since I do not get much rest this way. He is such a darling, I would hate to move him again but I do need my sleep.
I have been thinking and praying a lot for Rachel N, with this being the year anniversary of her sister's death, the fact that she cannot eat any normal food and the fact that Jim, in one of his cost saving measures changed the cable provider and now all they get is the weather channel and some religious program...I hope that is a joke, I know the rest is not, so hugs to you Rachel.
It looks like the market ended on a postive note yesterday after yet another pitiful week......we may end up all living at Dad's house in our "retirement" years if things don't get better. I have faith in Obama that when he takes office things will start to stablize but it is going to take a long time, if ever to get back to where we were in the 90's.....
Rachel took Dad to the Doctor this week and he has no med changes and told the Doctor is blood pressure is pretty good for an "old guy"....then he chuckles as Rachel reports.
As per normal Bren and Jen have done a great job updating thier blogs, Jean...it is time for another update. I sure wish Katie-Kat and Rachel S. would start one and I thinkthe only thing stopping Rachel N is a lesson from Brenda on downloading pictures....maybe that can happen soon. I wasnever that good at it myself until I was "forced" to get better when opening up the ETSY shop. Since I have over 200 listings, that is a lot of taking and downloading pictures....Robert calls it my boutique...bless his heart. I can't wait to see him over the holidays. He has been busy with the house, fishing and helping friends in need. His most recent venture was 10 days in New Jersey helping a diabled vet retro his house for a wheelchair, this poor guy is in a wheel chair and has yet to get disability and he sustained his injuries in the war....something is not right with this country and that is just one of them. Robert is always helping someone less fortunate and he just keeps getting more jewels in his crown, but his daughter Sheba and his lady miss him tons.....We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversay on Dec 31st....wow, it has been a long time long distance.
I am excited to watch the Blazers game tonight and hope that the big guy Oden gives Shaq a run for his money....well...back to ETSY listings.
Love and hugs to all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, you've got this posting thing down to a science - especially after all you've learned just in the last week by posting all your items on Etsy. Way to go on all of your sales! I'm having fun checking your site every day to see what else has sold. Hope to have some bracelets finished soon to get out there myself! BTW, Scott has been working on a website for his art business and has just today signed on with some kind of service provider for that, so stay tuned on that one....

Rachel Nykerk said...

Carol, milk is fine for arrow, just avoid caffeine, so no chocolate milk. Hope he feels better soon, usually about 3 days.Have a wonderful thanksgiving !