Sunday, July 5, 2009

HOT HERE!!!!!!


Well....long time no hear from Carol. It has been pretty hot here for the last week. In the 90's every day. I wish I had some beautiful photo's to show you, but in reality, the back yard is a jungle with weeds 8 feet high nad the front yard is filled with blooms of roses in every color, taking over the house, the yard, the neighbor's, the street.....I have a handy man coming on Tuesday who is going to pull all the weeds and trim all the bushes for a mere 25.00 ( a friend of Deanna's)
I had a nice day here yesterday, Doug and Val came over and me did chicken on the grill, brats, baked beans, corn on the cob, strawberries, pineapple, angel food cake with whip cream and a great tossed salad.
Sheba was in total glee while they were here. When they left about 11:00pm, all the noise really started.....she cried, she ran into walls, she covered her ears, she squealed.....I gave her a dose of valium but that did not help much. I think the better these greyhounds do at the track, the less tolerant they are of noise.....the bangs sound like a gun, and the start of a race.....having such a stellar racing career means she is also not tolerant of those fou-fou dogs and ankle biters....they resemble a rabbit. Anyhow, about 4 am she finally quieted down, but she was not a happy camper until today when it all totally all done.
I have my SSI hearing on this wednesday, the 8th....big day for me since I have waited over 3 years. Doug and Val are driving me there. The hearing will take one hour, then the Judge has up to 90 days to make a decision. Retro pay is not automatic. If approved, she can determine when benefits will start, and then there is another 5 month wait period....so sometime in 2020....I may know something. I will be glad just to get the hearing over, I feel confident the attorney I have obtained will do a good job, we are appearing before a female judge who is known to be "tough"....whatever that means.
Regardless of what happens, I am going to the beach house on Thursday-Sunday. GPA-NW is hosting 2 events in Lincoln City, I am not participating, but told the glas that are, that they could stay with me at the condo, so regardless, it will be nice to get to the beach for a few days.
I feel bad for Jason and his poisen ivy....I sure hope Macey and Kels do NOT catch it. Hope Brenda and Keith had a great time camping and that Jim and Rachel had a nice week off, although I hear the weather was crappy there this past week.
I am sure that Dave and Rachel hosted a 4th party on thier deck...I wonder if Bella attended. I hope Bandit, Dolly, Aly, and Bella did better with the 4th of July noise than thier cousin Sheba.
I am loving Facebook and reconnecting with friends and keeping up with the family that way.
I hope to get home sometime this summer, maybe August, or early sept. Doug and Val would actually like to visit for a week or so, Rachel has said they could stay at thier house. I know they would love coming to see the "compound", so I am hoping that works.
Robert has been doing a lot of fishing, he tried talking to Sheba on the phone last night to calm her down and even he failed...which is a first.....He will come this way when I make my plans about when I will be in Michigan.
Has any one heard that Michael Jackson died? Talk about OVER THE TOP......poor Farrah got relagated to the back pages....and now this homicide of the NFL player and his 21 yo girlfriend?.......mmmmmmmmmmmmm......more to unravel on that one.
Well, all is well over here, I hope to see some updated blogs soon, but I can't talk....this is the first update I have done in 2 months. I am so glad the rest of you are better at it than me......
Bubba is loving his new permanent home and the woman that adopted him is just plain nuts about him. I am so glad the ole fella got a good home to live out the rest of his life. No fostering for awhile.

3 comments:

Carol Sue said...

I posted this...cant figure out why it has not shown up

The Hambergulars said...

Hey sis, great post, glad to see it! It would be great fun to have Doug and Val the family here in Holland when you visit next time! My fingers and toes are crossed for your meeting with the judge this week!!!

Rachel Nykerk said...

Glad you had a good time for the holiday. The chicken on the grill sounds great. Good luck wednesday and then have a great time at the condo. I do hope you have better weather than we did for our camping trip.