Wednesday, July 29, 2009

HOT....HOT....HOT....






Now you all know I tend to embelish things at times, well not embellish....maybe stretch the truth...to make a point of course.
Well, let me tell you...I am TELLING THE TRUTH when I say it is HOT out here in Portland, you may have seen or heard about us on the national news. It is 107 today and has been over 100 for the last 5 days.
I DO NOT like the heat, (just like my Sister Jean). If it gets over 85, that is a tad too hot for me, so over 100 is "over the top".
They say it will not let up yet for another few days, and then will only be in the 90's...still not much relief....
It is NOT supposed to be HOT ere, less than 5 % of those of us in Portland have air conditioning. Thankfully, Robert bought a window air conditioner 3 years ago for the Living room where I have been camped out 24/7 for the last 4 days. It does a good job in the LR, but the temp in the house still says 89 degrees. It has to be over 140 degrees up stairs in the bedroom, so I have been sleeping on the couch.....
I must say I love Face book....It keeps me current on all things everyone is doing back home, along with the blogs of course. So sorry about Jean and Scott's weekend with Dave and Lynne. Curve ball is right.....
I have loved Jenny's blog's with pictures of the girls. I can't wait to see them, I could eat them up they are so cute. Brenda always captures her life in many pictures and stories...so glad the "blow-out" on the car was not worse than it was. I had one once and it is a BAD feeling.
I still do ot have my airline ticket, prices are unreasonably high, but I want to fly in on Aug 15th and catch a ride home with J/S who will be in Chicago that weekend anyway for thier last art show.
I plan on staying about 6 weeks and truthfuly, I hope it is about 70-76 there. It will be a welcome relief.
Apparently it takes about 6 weeks for SSI to get the word from the outcome of the hearing "into thier system" and processed. It has been 3 weeks today, but at least I know it is done and over with and by the end of August I should actually see some money. Can't tell you what a relief that thought is.
I went to a fun Barnhouse sale a few weeks ago. Barnhouse does not really capture the essence of this great sale. They had all things shabby, French and Chic at the sale. I got some fun items I plan to craft with....come this fall when I get back to Portland. I also tired to get a different profile picture for Face book...I took a picture of a picture so it did not turn out too great, but I wanted one of Robert and I.
A few pictures of the things I got at the Barnhouse sale....Can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks.....Brenda/Jenny and whoever else is interested....a trip to Shipshawana needs to happen....
Off to soak my head in a pail of cool water.... :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I wish we had SOME (not all) of your heat! It doesn't even feel like summer here. I tried laying out today and I had to go in because I was too cold. We will for sure plan a trip to Shipshewana! Stay cool!

Rachel Nykerk said...

It has been cold ! the last time we had a cold summer I was depressed in the winter because it was cold for so long. Looking forward to you coming Carol !