Monday, February 16, 2009

Super, duper Cooper




Well, Cooper is making himself a part of the family. He was full of anathesia the night he came home with me, haing had a dental done along with his personal surgery.
From the very first day and night he has come to get me when he needs to go outside. That is pretty good for a dog that has never been in a house before. He was still running races last November in Arizonia. Then he returned to the farm in Oregon where he was not treated very well. GPA got 35 dogs from that farm, all of them were sick, had viral and other problems I will not get into here. Suffice to say it took 6 weeks to get them ready to come into foster homes.
He is about 63 pounds and has that striped tail which I have never seen before.
I still keep him muzzled at night since the first morning I came down stairs to what looked like a tornado went through it. He chewed on everything he could find...pillows, blankets, dolls, wooden objects, garbage, etc. Since then he has been pretty darn good. Sheba has given up her bed, but today I caught Cooper trying to lay on Sheba's bed with her. I could not believe Sheba allowed it. She will give up her bed but she is very possessive of the bed she is on and wants her "space". SO I am including that picture in this post along with a picture of her pretty striped tail. His bottom end was recently shaved due to the surgery that he had last week, but it is starting to grow back.
He is only 3 years old so he still has a lot of "puppy" in him but he does understand NO and he knows his name which is pretty good since they have a different name when they race.
I got some new things listed on ETSy but other than that I have not done much. I am pretty sore and achy and now I feel like I am coming down with a cold. I wanted to get these pictures of Coop and Sheba on the blog, so that is all for now

1 comment:

The Hambergulars said...

Pretty darn cute, those two doggies! Looks like the Queen is being very nice to her new friend. Glad to hear that Coop is enjoying his new digs and behaving himself!