Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It must be time for a shot

Well, now that the Olympics are over, I have switched my attention the last 2 nights to the Democratic Convention. I know you all you guys are Republicans, but please give me a break....Can we seriously take another 4 years of what we have now? The economy is in the tubes, we are in a war, no one has health care that needs it.....anyhow enough of politics, but I was very impressed with Michelle Obama, you gotta give Teddy Kennedy his props for flying to Denver in the middle of Chemo and radiation and a brain tumor, and even though I am not a fan of Hillary, I thought she did a great job last night.

To be fair I will watch the Republican convention nest week...in Chicago no less...that town will be more of a madhouse than it usually is.

Onto other subjects....It must be time for another shot, I go to my dreaded weekly doctor appt. tomorrow, but it also means that I give myself my weekly shot. I remember Renee saying she could always tell when it was time for another shot, now I know what she means.....what it means for me is that Wednesdays are pretty painful. It has not been a good summer for me. I have not been able to get this insurance business off the ground due to how I feel....

Val and I do want to do a garage sale next weekend, ( the first weekend in Sept), even though it is so much work, I have tons of stuff to get rid of and I want some money to spend when I come to town. They have a van now so Val will come to the house next week and pack it up for me so I have most of the "heavy work" done for me. Val is a great friend, always there in a pinch.

I have made arrangements for both Cumber and Sheba when I am gone and hope that Cumber gets adopted during that time. I am not going to foster again for some time. I need a break and so does Sheba. She is ready to have her Mom to herself.

The weather here changes dramatically. One day it is 104 degrees, the next it is 70. 70 is more to my liking. I have been busy getting together supplies for our craft days when I come to town. We will have great fun. I also have a doctor appt tomorrow with the hearing aid guy...I have to have them in proper working order when I come to town. They are so hard to keep clean and go wacko with no warning. I can see why Dad has such problems with his...I can't stay on top of it...you would think it would not have to be so difficult.

I am always thrilled to read the updated blogs and get the pictures, things seem to going right along in Colon!!!YEA....
I am glad that Dave and Rachel's marriage is official since Jean is putting an article in the paper. I think of how the boys are doing getting back adjusted to school...
"as per normal"....keep me posted...Love you

4 comments:

The Hambergulars said...

Girl, I've been waiting for an update - good for you! I DID watch Hillary last night - pretty good speech, although I could tell there is no love lost between her and Barack - the speech was completely about her, not him. I'm still undecided as to who I'll be voting for this year - your points are well taken re: what's been happening in recent years...hope you have a good day tomorrow at the doctor's!

Brenda Lee said...

I too am undecided who I will vote for. I have not been watching the speeches either. I think there is another one tonight? Maybe I better start paying attention...As always, glad to see an updated post!

Carol Sue said...

Joe Biden speaks tonight, so I am less interested, but tomorrow will be a big day when Barack shows up

Rachel Nykerk said...

I must say I have been a republican for many years but this is the first time I have been interested in the democrats. Carol, I keep looking for supplies for your crafts .