Sunday, July 13, 2008

SHEBA TURNS 9.......






Sheba had her 9th birthday yesterday. She got what she always does, lasanga and ice-cream. I thought that I would try and contact the woman who fostered Sheba in California who fostered her after they took her off the track in Mexico. The southern California GPA group literally took Sheb aoff the track after she had run her last race...they took her out of the "winner's circle" and drove her to Southern Cal, as she ran all her races in Mexico at the track in Caliente. 10 days later she had a litter of 7 puppies...yes, that's right, they were racing her after the age of 5, and when she was about to give birth to 7......that's why there are rescue GPA groups out there. Anyhow, I could not get in touch with her foster Mother in Cal., so I went to thier website, fastfriends.org........I looked for the womans name in thier newsletter and could not find any reference to her, so I went to thier "contact us" link and sent an email. I indicated I adopted "Bahama Mama", now fondly known as "Sheba"....did anyone remember her? I wanted to send some 9 year old pictures of her. Come to find out a man returned my email. Sheba gave birth at his farm and he actually adopted 3 of the 7 pups she had. He adopted her 3 males, 2 females went to Sacramento, and the other 2 girls went together to a family in California....I just about flipped out when he told me that he had adopted Sheba's 3 males....then he proceeded to tell me that there are over 200 pictures on thier website of Sheba giving birth to her 7 pups.....go to fastfriends.com, click on gallery pictures, and then click on the link to see gallery shots....about 4 dogs down, you will see Bahama Mama gives birth.....and you will see over 200 shots of out gal and her 7 pups from the first day of delivery through the age of about one month of age....it is amazing to see how fast they grow....My little gal really did the job. I am so proud of her.
I am glad that Scott/Jean/Keith and Brenda had a great time at the game last night. Brenda sent me an email from the road saying they had missed thier exit....how funny is that?
I spent another day in the hospital on Friday with more IV medication to get this inflammation under control.....I am very sick of not feeling well....
Curious to find out what Jen and Jason's next plans are, when the house is formally sold and when they can start looking in Colon for a house....
Check out the website I refer to above and let me know if you can find the pictures of Bahama Mama, AKA Sheba with her pups.

4 comments:

Brenda Lee said...

I just looked at the pictures of Sheba's pups. They are so cute! You are right, they change to quickly. How amazing that you were able to find those pictures! BTW, the 2nd time you mention the website you have ".com" instead of ".org". I couldn't find it at first :)

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Nice story, Carol! What a little love Sheba is-can't wait to meet her in person.She's looking mighty fine for a 9 year old. That speaks to the great care you take of her! Hey, I got Rach out of the house today for a nice, long ride to the beach on our bikes with friend Nancy.
God Bless! I hope you get feeling better soon. Take good care.
Lana

Carol Sue said...

The website is fastfriends.org...thanks for letting me know Brenda...I could not believe that I found the website, and that they had her pictures on the website. She was quite the "Star" down there, they hated it when she left for Oregon. I just showed Sheba the pictures on the computer,she did not seem very interested...she went to lay down on her bed, it was like..."Mom, those were not the best days of my life:....a litter of 7 is a lot for thier little bellies

Carol Sue said...

Lana....good deal on getting Rachel out of the house for a bike ride. Make sure you go to fastfriends.org and look at Sheba's pictures