Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I NEED A BREAK

Maybe I need a trip to the beach, or some new motivation or win the lottery. What I really need is to feel better physically. I cannot describe how tired I feel, how sore and aches all over. I had my SED rate re-checked yesterday. It was 53. 50% less than it was last Friday, but still 50% higher than normal. My C-reactive-protien level is 4x what it should be. The C-reactive is also a marker for the amount of inflammation in one's body. Also, my calcium is way high again, so they suspect the calcium I have in my body is floating around in my blood stream and not going to my bones....so I have to have a dexa bone scan tomorrow, got some different meds to try for the inflamation and pain, and something to try and help me sleep. I am so tired I could fall asleep standing in the shower, but I cannot sleep at night. I am so tired, I do not even feel like talking on the phone....and I have to get busy on this insurance business, so that stresses me out.
On a much brighter note, I recieved a handmade card from Macey today. She put lots of pretty stickers on the card and also the 4 month pictures of Kels, both are currently on the fridge, although I think I will frame the card that Macey made so I can see it in the living room as a daily mood lifter!!!!. I will be thinking about Kels next week when she has her tests and pray there is nothing serious wrong.
I just looked at Brenda's blog pictures for the day and they were GREAT, "as per normal."
I am happy to say that my friend Val is now in Scotland, instead of Ireland and actually staying in a hotel. She flies back to the states on the 15th so I am excited to see her, look at her pictures and hear all about the mis-adventures. She still sounds really upbeat, given the trials and tribulations she and her daughter have lived through.
I loved the stories from Jen's blog yesterday, especially the part about Macey playing "store" and her comments that "it costs too much money Mom". She seems to be getting around pretty good with her cast on.
I saw on the computer that the Tigers pulled out a GREAT come behind win, getting 6 runs in the 7th and a walk-off homer in the 9th. Also saw that Minn lost BIG TIME to Boston. What is wrong with Mags and why isn't he playing?
That Jethro Bodine...( I know that is not his name), but the first pitcher the Tigers had in the game belongs back at the farm if you ask me.
It is HOT here again and no rain in sight, I am glad for the air conditioner in the living room. Jean.....time to update your blog

2 comments:

Brenda Lee said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling so crappy :( Hang in there...
I'm pretty sure Magglio will be out until after the all-star break with a pulled hamstring. I still hope to see him practicing out on the field this saturday.

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Hey, Carol-hope you can get to the bottom of all this and start feeling good!I hope to win the lottery, too...cuz I already spent the money!! Oh,well,just a month until I get to PDX-we'll all cheer you up! I'm gonna try to get Rachel out on her bike with me and another friend on Sunday. Take it easy, girl.
Hugs,
Lana