Friday, July 4, 2008

IKEA

What better thing to do on the 4th of July but go to your local IKEA. Since I sat all day yesterday in the hospital getting IV's for the inflammation in my body, I figured I might as well go have a bit of fun. Deanna picked me up at 10:30. IKEA has thier "summer sale" going on and it was barely empty since everyone else in the world was out boating, camping and bbq-ing....
IKEA is one of those stores, that even if you go in with NO LIST, you walk out with a huge bag. I spent about 50.00 but I got a TON of fun things, news lamps for the living room, 3 sets of new glasses, garden pots, cushions for the outdoor chairs, a rug for outside for the greys to lay out in the sun on, 2 pans, 5 candles, a set of silverware for 8, a comfortter and shams for the pull out queen bed in the guest room, 3 knives, 3 cooking spoons, 6 boxes for storage.....all for 50.00 bucks. It was great fun. IKEA is CHEAP anyway, so when they have a sale, ( 20-60% off), it is the real deal.
I could not fall asleep AGAIN last night until 6 this morning, I have had 4 nights in a row of that, all I can do is lay there for 45 minutes or so and then turn on the light to read....repeat process all night long. I have finished about 6-7 books this week, but I would rather be sleeping.
Both Sheba and Cumber are medicated for the 4th of July. Both on Valium and a sedative. The greyhound breed has more acute hearing than your average dog, and the fireworks and sounds remind them of the guns going off at the track, so thier instinct is to "RUN" or get all "hyped-up"....they pant and salivate and sine the 4th of July goes on for aout 4-5 days here, the Vets always prescribe meds. Sheba is fairly relaxed, but Cumber is still pretty hyped up and he is on 10mg of Valium and 10 mg of a sedative and still thinks it is time to race around after the elusive bunny....poor guy. Sheba is just on the valium. Being 1/2 block from the Columbia river does not help. Every small city and thier brother shoot fireworks off over the Columbia and, Vancouver, Washington, right across the river has the biggest firework display west of the Mississippi. It is still only 8pm here, so the big scene has yet to start, however all the neighbors have been at it for the last 2 days. Fireworks are legal to buy in Washington State, ( 2 miles from Portland) so of course every Oregonian in the world drives there to get them and then has a big shindig at home with them.
Again, it seems so wierd without Robert here, as every 4th we have a party here and then walk the 1/2 block to sit on the river and watch the works....
I am glad that you guys had a nice family breakfast at Russ's this morning. I was glad to see that Macey was playing with her mini etch a sketch and making pictures. But mostly, I was glad to knows that our Kels was feelings better after her visit to the ER last night.
I have heard that Bill and Jim are creating "Bear" sculptures of out some cut down logs. I absolutely MUST have pictures.
Jean, great blog today with the pictures and links to the cottage where we will be staying in October. Ally looks fab in her picture debut for the calender event, but folks have to start voting for her...That one guy has 76 votes!!!!!! YIKES, Ally needs the support of her grandparents and quick.

1 comment:

Lana Mae Kamer said...

I love IKEA!! You guys have that great store there right in Portland now-way to go! I'll check it out when I come there in August.
Lana