Sunday, April 5, 2009

4 years ago Mom went to Heaven




It has been a long time since I have done a blog, so I figured today was the day since it is 4 years ago that Mom went to heaven. I still miss her so much and so wish she had been with us these last 4 years to see her Great-grandchildren, take trips with us, go to breakfast with us....it was not to be, and that is God's way....
It is amazing to me that Dad has hung in there so great these past 4 years. I am glad he is still in his own home, still able to watch sports and spend time with the family. In a way we have gotten to know him so much better in the last 4 years....that sense of humor and his fantastic memory amaze me.
Life in Oregon these past 6 weeks have been pretty much a bummer. It could be summarized as...no hearing...no hot water...no hearing...no hot water....No hearing AND no hot water....
Well I have finally gotten ONE hearing aid that works and I have figured out how to restart the hot water heater. All of you with men in the house better be thanking the Lord daily that they do these type of things without even a glance or thought. They just automatically take care of those things....
Looking forward to the TrailBlazers getting in to the playoffs and hoping MSU beats the tar out of NC....
I have been so sore lately, I guess I have to up the injection of metotrexate....then my liver functions go all crazy so it is sort of a no-win.
CONGRATS to Jean, 23# lighter and the Brenda, 27# lighter. I think I may have to try this med-fast myself....I am sure all these extra pounds make my condition worse.
I am really looking forward to Rachel's visit the end of the month. We are going to the condo and visiting numerous Portland sites that the rest of you were never able to see. I have made arrangements for Bubba to go to respite care while she is here. Sheba of course will be with us.
Bubba is a great guy, but he is 12, has no teeth and I do not think he has great depth perception. It is hard for him to so stairs....the beach as you all know has it share of stairs.
He are a couple pictures of Bubba. Since he has no teeth, he tends to sleep with his tounge hanging out. Quite cute actually.
Are any of you following mycharmingkids.blogspot.com. The story of MckMama and her 6 mo baby in intensive care? There is a facebook prayer site for she and family.
Speaking of facebook....it is way too addicting.
Speaking of blogs....Dan's are top flight. I loved the top 10 family traditions....

2 comments:

The Hambergulars said...

Glad to see your update, sis, and ditto on my feelings about mom, and dad, too, for that matter. Read Lana's blog for a heartfelt message on how she feels about her family - ours would be quite similar - I know we're all "proud to be Nykerks." The older I get the more blessed I feel for being born in and growing up in our wonderful family. Outside of our Rachel's birthday, which is of course a happy time, April reminds us of those we loved so much and lost - Mom and Renee. Thank goodness we will see them again someday!

Rachel Nykerk said...

We do miss our loved one's. I am looking forward to coming to Portland and seeing you.