Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am BACK!!!






Well, I guess 6 weeks is way toooo long not to have been blogging. When I was in Michigan over the holidays I knew that you all knew what I was doing....pretty good excuse huh?
Well since I have been back, you all know that I was stranded in the house for 7 days until Robert flew in last Sunday. He took a taxi to the house and proceeded to get up Monday morning and make 3 copies of every house, condo, car we own. He spent 100.00 making new keys. He found a place locally that would make a Benz key without us having to order them from Germany. That involves sending the VIN number to Germany along with proof of insurance to get a key which takes about a month and costs 270.00 per key, so he was pretty happy when he only had to pay 30.00 per key. I hid a house key in the garage....etc.
Then he spent all day changing the thermostat on the Blazer.
On Tuesday morning our friends Shwn and Rochelle came from DC. They were able to watch the inogoration of Barack Obama on person TV's in the plane. I was so glad to wtach it together at home with Robert. It was so special to us. They arrived at 11:00 am and they brought us 4 copies of the Washington Post, the Washington Times and the Baltimore Sun, all collectable items. They also got us wach a cap that said Jan 21, Barack Obama, PRESIDENT of the USA.
We watche d the rest of the festifivites all day on TV and then left for the beach on Wed am. We got back late last night and they leaft on a 6am flight back today. We had a GRAND time.
They found out that no sales tax in Oregon is a pretty neat thing, as is the outlet mall by the condos, especially this time of year. We got things for 90 % off.
Suffice to say they came with 2 bags and left with 5......
Rachel, that gismo you got me for CHristmas that weighs your luggage really came in handy. Each of thier bags ended up weighing 49.6 oz.....They figured paying for the extra bags was most worth it for all they bought and the deals they got.
We out out to dinner for Seafood, layed around and had a fabulous time. No rain and it was about 60 at the beach.
They both fell in love with Sheba and I was so pleased that someone came all the way from DC to see us here. hint...hint....
Robert is taking a nap and I should really clean the house but I thought I better get some type of blog out there. As per normal, everyone else is doing a great job on thier blogs.
I have to take care of my ETSy orders tomorrow and run errands....

2 comments:

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Glad you're back, girl! Love your photos and I thought of you on Inaguration Day because I know how much it meant to you for Barack Obama to be elected. I, too, have been rejoicing. I think he's done a great job of hitting the ground running. I believe he'll get a lot of good things done that this country needs!

Rachel Nykerk said...

Glad to see you bloggin again Carol, missed them. Glad Robert is there safe and sound. Glad he has things in ship shape. Obama has a tough time ahead of him, but I think he is up for it. Sheba looks beautiful and very contented.