Friday, October 17, 2008

Seriously negligent on my blogging......

I guess it has been about 6 weeks that I posted. I can tell you where I have been in that time and maybe that will determine where I "picked up this pnemonia"
Chicago, Ill
Colon Michigan
Port Huron Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Holland, Michigan
Colon, Michigan
Elberta, Michigan
Benzie, Michigan
Benzonia, Michigan
Frankfort, Michigan
Glen Arbor, Michigan
Manistee, Michigan
Bronson, Michigan
Chicago, Ill.
Portland, Or.
Don't forget O Hare Airport2x and Minn/St Paul airport 2x, which at any given time have in excess of 10,000 people in them.
When I was back in the hospital for the 2nd time this week, yesterday about 5 more people asked me where I "got this".....I started to pin a note on my shirt of where I had been so they could determine the answer to the dumbest question I have ever heard.
Since I did not get a call back from the hospital today I am assuming I do not have a blood clot in my heart, although they put me on blood thinners to be sure, along with a prednisone taper, antibiotic, cough meds, stomach meds, inhalers and breathing treatments.
I must say I feel a bit better today, probably that injection of prednisone and 60 mg tablets gave my system a much needed jolt.
Sheba is back home with her Mom and taking good care of her. She is laying at my feet and really does understand that her Mom is sick. She gave me several kisses and is acting very proud to be taking care of me.
I did have a great time in Michigan for Dad's 90th celebration up north, crafting and my daily jaunts out of town. I did start feeling crappy the last week, starting at the cottage, but I always hope I can just go with the program and not miss out on anything. It kind of caught up with me this time.
Jean mailed me 7, yes seven boxes of craft supplies which arrived on the porch today. I could not lift them to get them inside so Doug did that for me when they brought Sheba back.
Nice post by Jen and Brenda recently. I just got a phone call from the Doctor while I was writing this post. The Doctor not the nurse...my bloodwork has lots of abnormalities. My liver function tests are sky high. This has not been the case until last month and we are certain is due to the injections of methotrexate for my RA. My potassium is low, thyroid is low, WBC is high.....so go figure, I still feel better than I did the first 4 days of the week. I see the Doctor again on Monday.
I am kind of at my limit with feeling so pitiful....I don't even expect to feel good, just "fair" would make me happy.
Have a good time Sunday with Dad and the celebration at church, post any pictures on Snapfish so I can order them.

1 comment:

Rachel Nykerk said...

Hang in there Carol. Just rest, take the meds as prescribed, drink lots of water, sound kind of like a nurse don't I.